Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Reflection on the Journey

     Through out this whole journey I have really been happy with the product I have produced.  I was able to successfully learn the banjo and reach all of my goals in the allocated time.  It is sad to see that this project is over, but I know I will continue to learn the banjo.  I have really developed a love for the instrument because of the genius project.

     Overall, I was happy with my TED Talk.  I was able to get my message across about how the only way to practice was to completely immerse yourself in the practice.  I also was able to show my product in a way I thought was acceptable and portrayed my journey well.  I showed my process and showed the method I developed to help anyone else wanting to learn an instrument.  One thing I wish I did was talk about the intrinsic and extrinsic motivations in this project.  I did mention my love for folk music, but I wish I specifically mention the motivations.  Besides this I was very pleased with my talk.

My grade for myself is a 27 / 30 (90).  I was quite pleased with the way my talk went and I hope you enjoyed it if you were able to attend.  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Ben I think you TED talk was really good. I was so impressed by your banjo skills, and the way you talk about music is always really inspiring because you can tell how passionate you are. It made me want to learn the banjo, regardless what was said in my presentation (:

    ReplyDelete